Successes of the police online email list groups include:
- Faster dissemination of information, especially community meetings and events.
- Assistance with identifying and taking action against nuisance properties.
- Successful collaborations among community groups, elected officials and police.
- Greater assistance with lookouts -- from missing persons and pets to found property.
- Recognizing good work and identifying areas of service that need improvement.
- Gauging the community’s concerns.
- Developing relationships, especially when a police district gets a new commander or new patrol officers.
- Identifying community leaders and activists, who are eager to join the group to let their voices be heard.
- Sharing information between districts.
- Group-to-group communications (MPD postings are regularly shared with other large community online groups, with the potential of reaching 20,000 online users in one day).
To visit the groups, see the links below. For more information, dial 727-8809.
Special Liaison Unit