On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, the 17th Street High Heel Race will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The following streets will be posted as Emergency No Parking for the event from approximately 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.:
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic for the event from approximately 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.:
- S Street, NW to south of P Street, NW on 17th Street, NW
- 16th Street to 17th Street, NW on Riggs Place, NW
- 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on R Street, NW
- 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on Corcoran Street, NW
- 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on Q Street, NW
- 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on Church Street, NW
- 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on P Street, NW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.