On Saturday, April 13, 2019, the Cherry Blossom Parade will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
- Constitution Avenue from 7th Street, NW to 10th Street, NW
- 4th Street and 7th Street from Constitution Avenue, NW, to Independence Avenue, SW
The following streets will be posted as Emergency No Parking from 3:00 am to 4:00 pm and closed from approximately 9:00 am to 3:00 pm:
- 9th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW
- Constitution Avenue, NW from 7th to 23rd Street, NW
- 10th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW
- 12th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue, NW and Independence Avenue, SW
- SE/SW Freeway-Access to 12th Street Tunnel from I-395 ramp
- 14th Street between North Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- Inbound I-395(14th Street Bridge). All traffic will be sent eastbound on I-395 SW Freeway
- 17th Street between New York Avenue, NW and Independence Avenue, SW
- 19th Street between E Street, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW
- Virginia Avenue, NW between 20th Street, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.