On Saturday, June 11, 2022, the 2022 Lawyers Have Heart 10K, 5K, and Fun Run will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be parking restrictions and street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The following street will be posted as Emergency No Parking and closed to vehicle traffic from 1:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.:
- K Street from 27th Street to Potomac Street, NW
The following streets will be posted as Emergency No Parking from 5:00 a.m. hours to 11:00 a.m. and closed to vehicle traffic from 5:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.:
- E Street from 20th to 17th Street, NW (eastbound lanes only)
- 18th Street from E Street to Virginia Avenue, NW
- Virginia Avenue from 18th Street to 27th Street, NW (westbound lanes only)
- 27th Street from Virginia Avenue to K Street, NW
- Whitehurst Freeway from M Street to 27th Street, NW
- M Street from Canal Road to Key Bridge, NW
For timely traffic information, please visit twitter.com/DCPoliceTraffic
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.