Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Division announced several arrests in recent robbery cases in Washington, DC.
- On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 18 year-old Damari Lewis, of Southeast, DC, was arrested for an Assault with Intent to Rob while Armed (Gun) offense that occurred on Sunday, March 22, 2020, in the 800 block of 7th Street, Northwest. CCN: 20-049-566
- At approximately 6:25 pm, the suspect entered the victim’s vehicle at the listed location. The suspect brandished a handgun and demanded money. The victim refused. The suspect then fled the scene.
- On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 64 year-old Albert Robert Gray Jr., of Southeast, DC, was arrested for a Robbery (Force and Violence) offense that occurred on Thursday, March 19, 2020, in the Unit block of New York Avenue, Northeast. CCN: 20-048-211
- At approximately 3:00 pm, the suspect approached the victim from behind and snatched money out of her hand. The suspect then fled the scene.
- On Saturday, March 21, 2020, a 16 year-old juvenile male, of Southeast, DC, was arrested for an Armed Robbery (Gun) offense that occurred on Saturday, March 21, 2020, in the 300 block of 50th Street, Northeast. CCN: 20-049-254
- At approximately 7:12 pm, two suspects approached the victim at the listed location. The suspects engaged in a physical altercation with the victim. During the altercation, one of the suspects brandished a handgun. The suspects took the victim’s property and then fled the scene. This case remains under investigation.
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to use the Safe Exchange Zones when conducting in-person transactions using online applications such as Craigslist and Offer Up. For more information, please visit: http://mpdc.dc.gov/release/mpd-exchange-zone-locations-reminder