Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Metropolitan Police Department

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Special Events Permits Issued by Agency

Brief descriptions of agencies that issue licenses and permits for special events are listed below.

Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency

  • Approval of special events
  • Assistance in coordinating special events

Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

  • Carnival licenses
  • Electrical permits
  • Construction permits
  • Public space permits
  • Mechanical permits
  • Water and sewer permits
  • Zoning permits
  • Plumbing permits
  • Temporary alcoholic beverage licenses
  • Temporary auction sales licenses
  • Solicitor licenses
  • Corporate registration good standing approvals
  • Fire safety approvals
  • Auction licenses

Department of Transportation

  • Issuance of temporary street closing permits

Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department

  • Fireworks permits
  • Float permits
  • Special approvals for fuel uses that exceed maximum usage level
  • Fire prevention guidelines

Metropolitan Police Department

  • Parade permits
  • Protest permits
  • Demonstration permits
  • March permits
  • Rally permits
  • Walk/bike-a-thon permits
  • Race permits
  • Musical performances on public street permits

Office of the Chief Financial Officer/Office of Tax and Revenue

  • Income tax identification number
  • Sales tax identification number
  • Registration certificates

Department of Recreation and Parks

  • Parks and recreation facility permits
  • Lottery and Charitable Games Control Board
  • Bingo licenses
  • Monte Carlo night licenses
  • Raffle licenses