The Grants Unit -- part of the Office of Fiscal Accountability (OFA), under the Executive Office of the Chief of Police (COP) -- develops, administers and monitors all Department grants. The Grants Unit assists in the preparation of all grant applications, obtains the necessary legal and financial concurrences, and submits the application for the Chief of Police’s approval. Upon receipt of a grant, this unit meets with the project director to ensure that the grant’s program goals and performance measures are clearly understood, and it monitors the progress of each grant.
This unit is responsible for obtaining all quarterly program reports from the project directors and submitting them to the granting agency. The Grants Unit acts as the Department’s central liaison for all grants between the granting agency, the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), and the Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP).
Services provided to the public include:
- Assistance to non-profit groups in establishing a partnership with MPDC in the preparation of applications for grant-funded programs.
- Partnerships with local educational units in developing grant proposals.
Services provided to Department units include:
- Assistance in searching for available funding for possible grant programs.
- Assistance in the development grant proposals for the Chief of Police’s approval.
- Liaison services for grant project directors between the OCFO and OCP.
Services provided to other police jurisdictions and public agencies include:
- Information regarding on-going grant-funded programs.
- Assistance in partnering with neighboring jurisdictions in developing joint grant applications.
- Assistance in partnering with other DC Agencies in developing grant applications.
For information on funding services available through the District of Columbia, visit the Office of Partnerships and Grants Development.
Grants Unit Directory
- Marvin L. Johnson, Administrator - 727-2173 [email protected]
- Marcella Clark, Program Manager - 727-1915 [email protected]
- Robin Brabham, Grants Analyst - 727-5720 [email protected]
300 Indiana Avenue, NW - Room 4002
Washington, DC 20001
Hours: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm