On Saturday, October 12, 2019, the National Law Enforcement Run for the Badge 5K will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The following street will be closed to vehicular traffic and posted as Emergency No Parking for the event, from approximately 4:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.:
- E Street between 4th Street and 5th Street, NW
The following street will be closed to vehicular traffic and posted as Emergency No Parking for the event, from approximately 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.:
- 5th Street between E Street and F Street, NW
- F Street between 5th Street and 3rd Street, NW
- 3rd Street between F Street and D Street, SW
- D Street between 3rd Street and 4th Street, SW
- 4th Street between D Street and Independence Avenue, SW
- Independence Avenue between 7th Street and 3rd Street, SW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.