Sex Offender Registry
The Sex Offender Registration Act of 1999 established a sex offender registration program for the District of Columbia and authorizes the Metropolitan Police Department to release sex offender information to the public.
A list of Class A and Class B registered sex offenders is provided on this website as a service to the community. The public may review the entire sex offender registry by visiting one of the Police Districts or the Sex Offender Registry Unit.
- Address information is provided at the block level only; no specific addresses are provided. As a result, users should note that, at times, it may appear as if multiple offenders reside at a specific address. This is not always the case.
- You are cautioned that information provided on this website is information of record and may not reflect the current residence, place of employment, school, status, or other information concerning the registrant (offender).
- Please note that unless specifically indicated, these individuals are not wanted by the police at this time.
- Unlawful use of this information to threaten, intimidate, harass, or injure a registered sex offender will not be tolerated and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- If you have concerns about a sex offender in your neighborhood or sex offenders in general, have information on the whereabouts of a wanted sex offender, believe any information on this website is in error, or if you would like further information, please contact the Metropolitan Police Department, Sex Offender Registry Unit, at 300 Indiana Avenue, NW 20001, phone: (202) 727-4407, or email us at email@example.com.
If you are a first-time visitor to our site, you must read all of the information on the search registry page before proceeding:
In accordance with enactment of the Sex Offender Registration Act of 1999, this information is being provided to the community.
Unlawful use of this information to threaten, intimidate, harass, or injure a registered sex offender is prohibited and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Funding for this program was provided through a grant from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice. The title of this grant is the National Sex Offender Registry Project (98-NR-CX-K002).