Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department seek the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a suspect in reference to 11 Destruction of Property offenses of government operated traffic cameras in the District of Columbia.
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018, members of MPD responded to several locations in the Fifth and Sixth Districts for the report of inoperable traffic cameras. Upon arrival, officers observed damage to the traffic cameras. Investigators have since determined the damage was due to vandalism.
A suspect and vehicle, in this case, were captured by a nearby surveillance camera. The suspect and vehicle can be seen in the photos below and in this video: https://youtu.be/PG1ilK0JaYk
The Destruction of Property offense locations goes as follows:
- DC 295 Northeast .1 Mile South of Eastern Avenue – South Bound
- 800 block of Ridge Road, Southeast – Northwest Bound
- DC 295 Northeast .1 Mile South of Eastern Avenue – North Bound
- 3900 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, Southeast – Northwest Bound
- 3200 block of Fort Lincoln Drive, Northeast – Southbound
- 600 block of Kenilworth Avenue, Northeast – South Bound
- 2200 block of South Dakota Avenue, Northeast – Southeast Bound
- 1400 block of Kenilworth Avenue, Northeast – South Bound
- 800 block Eastern Avenue, Northeast – East Bound
- 1200 block Eastern Avenue, Northeast – Southeast Bound
- Fort Lincoln Drive – North Bound at 31st Street, Northeast
Anyone who has information regarding the individual(s) responsible for these crimes or who has knowledge of this incident, should take no action but call police at (202) 727-9099 or text your tip to the Department's TEXT TIP LINE at 50411.