The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about scheduled street closures for multiple events that are scheduled to be held on Saturday, June 8, 2013.
Capital Pride Parade
This event will begin at 4:30 p.m. and will conclude at approximately 7:30 p.m. The staging area will be closed at 1 p.m. The street closures will remain in effect until 9:30 p.m. The following streets will be closed during this event.
- East on P St NW from 23rd Street NW
- Clockwise around Dupont Circle
- North on New Hampshire Avenue NW
- East on R Street NW
- South on 17th Street NW
- East on P Street NW
- North on 14th Street NW to N Street NW to the disbanding area just past R Street NW
- 23rd Street NW between Q Street and N Street (Staging Area)
- 22nd Street NW between Q Street and N Street ( Staging Area)
- N Street NW between 22nd Street and 25th Street
- M Street NW between 22nd Street and 25th Street
Pride Dance Festival
This event will take place from 12 noon until 12 midnight. This event will take place in conjunction with the Capital Pride Parade and the following street will be closed.
- Church Street NW from 16th Street to 18th Street
Additional information on the Capital Pride Parade can be found at http://www.capitalpride.org/parade
Lawyers Have a Heart 10k
This event will begin at 7 a.m. and will conclude at approximately 11 a.m. The following streets will be closed during this event starting at 5:30 a.m. and will remain in effect until 11 a.m.
- K Street NW from 30th Street to Wisconsin Avenue NW
- East on K Street NW to the Whitehurst Freeway Ramp
- Left onto the Whitehurst Freeway westbound lanes to M Street NW
- West on M Street NW to Canal Road NW
- Westbound on Canal Road NW to Reservoir Road NW
- U-Turn prior to Reservoir Road NW
- Eastbound Canal Road NW to M Street NW
- East on M Street NW (westbound lanes) to the Whitehurst Freeway
- East on the Whitehurst Freeway to K Street NW
- West on K Street NW to finish line
Additional information on the Lawyers Have a Heart 10k can be found at http://www.lawyershaveheartdc.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1057075
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Due to the heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.