The Metropolitan Police Department would like to advise the public and members of the media of the following street closures in conjunction with the Meridian Pint Neighborhood Festival and the Race for Every Child. Both events are events are scheduled for Saturday, October 5, 2013.
For the Meridian Pint Neighborhood Festival, the following streets will be closed from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm:
- 3400 block of 11th Street, NW (Between Monroe Street and Park Road)
For the Race for Every Child, the staging area will be on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW from 12th Street to 14th Street, NW and 13th Street, NW from E Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. It will be closed from 2:00 am until 5:00 pm. The Race start time will be from 8:30 am to 11:00 am at which time the roadways mentioned below will be closed to traffic.
Route will begin and end at 12th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.
- East on Pennsylvania Avenue towards 3rd Street, NW
- South on 3rd Street to D street, SW
- West on D street to 4th Street, SW
- North on 4th to Independence Avenue, SW
- West on Independence Avenue to 7th Street, SW (turn around)
- East on Independence Avenue to 3rd Street, SW
- North on 3rd Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- West on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to the start/finish line.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of these events and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the DC Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.