On Saturday, October 3, 2015, the Howard Homecoming 2015 will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration.
Parade set-up closure will start at 6:00 am:
- 6th Street, between W Street and Fairmont Street, Northwest
The following parade route will closed to traffic at 9:30am. The Parade will take place from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
The parade will start in the 2400 block of 6th Street, NW and proceed over the following route:
- North on 6th Street to Fairmont Street, Northwest
- West on Fairmont Street to Georgia Avenue, Northwest
- South on Georgia Avenue to Howard Place, Northwest
- East on Howard Place to 6th Street, Northwest, where they will disband
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may experience delays and should consider alternative routes, if possible. The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation would like to remind motorists to pay full attention whenever operating any motor vehicle and to be mindful of heavy pedestrian traffic that may be associated with special events. These street closings are subject to change without notice based upon unanticipated events and prevailing conditions.