The Metropolitan Police Department would like to advise the public and members of the media of the following street closures in connection with the Army Ten-Miler scheduled for Sunday, October 20, 2013. The proceeding streets will be intermittently closed along the race route beginning approximately at 7:30 am and should reopen by 12:00 pm.
The race route is to originate along Washington Boulevard (Route 27) in Arlington, Virginia and progress across the Arlington Memorial Bridge into the District of Columbia. Once in the District of Columbia, runners are to take the following route, prior to its conclusion in Arlington, Virginia:
• Crossing the Arlington Memorial Bridge around Lincoln Circle to Henry Bacon Drive
• East on Constitution Avenue, NW
• North on 19th Street, NW
• West on Virginia Avenue, NW
• South on Rock Creek Parkway, NW to Ohio Drive, SW
• East on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will take the Westbound side)
• South on 7th Street SW
• Right on Maryland Avenue SW
• Right on 9th Street SW
• West on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will stay on the left side)
• South on 14th Street, NW to Interstate 395
For more information go to: http://www.armytenmiler.com/
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.