The Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Transportation would like to inform the public of street closures in conjunction with the 37th Annual Race to Beat Cancer that will take place in the District of Columbia on Saturday, September 16, 2017.
The following street will be closed from 06:00 am to 11:30 pm:
- 29th Street NW between M and K Streets NW
The following streets will be closed from 7:30 am to 10:00 am:
- K Street, NW from 30th Street, NW to 27th Street, NW
- 27th Street, NW from K Street, NW to Virginia Avenue, NW
- Eastbound Whitehurst Freeway from Canal Road, NW to K Street, NW
- Potomac River Freeway from 27th Street, NW to Ohio Drive, SW
- E Street, NW from Potomac River Freeway to 18th Street, NW
- 20th Street, NW from Virginia Avenue, NW to F Street, NW
- 19th Street, NW from Virginia Avenue, NW to F Street, NW
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may experience delays and should consider alternative routes, if possible. The Metropolitan Police Department and the DC Department of Transportation would like to remind motorists to pay full attention whenever operating any motor vehicle and to be mindful of heavy pedestrian traffic that may be associated with special events. These street closings are subject to change without notice based upon unanticipated events and prevailing conditions.