On Sunday, February 2, 2014, the 2014 Chinese New Year’s Parade will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
- Traffic South of Massachusetts Avenue, NW, North of F Street, NW, East of 9th Street, NW, and West of 5th Street, NW will be redirected during the hours of 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
The parade start time will be from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm, at which time the roadways mentioned below will be closed to traffic:
- Start: 600 block of Eye Street, NW
- West on Eye Street, NW
- South on 8th Street, NW
- East on G Street, NW
- North on 7th Street, NW to H Street, NW
- Pedestrians in parade will travel east on H Street, NW
- Floats and vehicles in parade will travel north on 7th Street, NW and east onto Eye Street, NW and disband.
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.