The following media advisory is from the US Secret Service. For questions concerning this release, please contact the U.S. Secret Service Office of Government and Public Affairs at (202) 406-5708.
On the morning and evening of Tuesday, February 11, 2014, the White House will host President Francois Hollande of France for a State Arrival Ceremony and State Dinner. The following security measures will be in place:
Street and Park Closures
The US Secret Service and US Park Police will put the following street closures affecting vehicular traffic into effect during the specified times on Tuesday, February 11, 2014.
Closed to the public from 2-11 am and 5:30-11:15 pm
- E Street, NW from 15th Street, NW to 17th Street NW
- First Division Park and Sherman Park sidewalks
- South fence line of the White House grounds
Closed to the public from 5-11 am and 5:30-11:15 pm
The Ellipse (to include all sidewalks and roadways)
- The Ellipse (to include all sidewalks and roadways)
Closed to the public from 6-11 am and 5:30-11:15 pm
- The White House Sidewalk from East Executive Avenue, NW to West Executive Avenue, NW
As a security precaution, the following items will be prohibited from park property in conjunction with the aforementioned closures:
- Animals (other than helper/guide dogs)
- Bags and signs exceeding size restrictions
- Glass or Thermal containers
- Pepper spray/mace
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
For questions about this event, please contact the US Secret Service Office of Government and Public Affairs (202-406-5708) or the US Park Police (202-556-9181).
A map illustrating the closed park areas is attached.