On Saturday, June 14, 2014, the Lawyers Have a Heart 10k will take place. This event will begin at 7:00 am and will conclude at approximately 11:00 am. The following streets will be closed during this event starting at 5:30am and will remain in effect until 11:00 am.
- K Street, NW from 30th Street to Wisconsin Avenue, NW
- East on K Street, NW to Whitehurst Freeway Ramp
- Left onto Whitehurst Freeway westbound lanes to M Street, NW
- West on M Street, NW to Canal Road, NW
- Westbound on Canal Road to Reservoir Road
- U-Turn prior to Reservoir Road
- Eastbound Canal Road to M Street
- East on M Street (westbound lanes) to Whitehurst Freeway
- East on Whitehurst Freeway to K ST
- West on K Street to finish line
Additional information on the Lawyers Have a Heart 10k can be found at http://www.lawyershaveheartdc.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1075611
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.