The policy of the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is to treat all victims in a respectful, responsive and compassionate manner. To that end, the department’s Victim Specialists Unit provides support, information, and referrals to victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. The Victim Specialists in the unit act as a support system and conduit for victims/survivors; with hope of empowering victims. Moreover, the Victim Specialists Unit aims to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of the District of Columbia by establishing relationships with the community and being a resource for victims and their families.
The Victim Specialists Unit is located within the Victim Services Branch.
Victim Services Branch's Newsletter
- Tyria Fields, Director
- Tramaine Newsome, Supervisor
- Helen Hall, Victim Specialist
- Kayce Simmons-Munyeneh, Victim Specialist
- Beyshinah Woods, Victim Specialist
- Ashley Rinaldi, Victim Specialist
- Sharon Daugherty, Community Outreach Coordinator
300 Indiana Avenue, NW, Room 3001
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 727-6491