The reserve police officer background investigation process can take four-six months for completion; however, typically there is only one academy class in the Spring. Attending orientation and getting yourself in the process early is a important step. The selection process includes the following steps:
- APPLY TODAY by clicking here to submit an interest card. Your interest card will allow you to learn more and begin the application process.
- Attend a new candidate orientation and in person interview
- Complete online qualifications survey within 72 hours of new candidate orientation
- Written examination and writing sample
- Applicant processing day
- Background investigation (criminal checks, references, employment, social media checks, etc.)
- Polygraph examination
- Medical and psychological evaluation
- Review and approval
APPLY TODAY by clicking here to submit an interest card. Your interest card will allow you to learn more and begin the application process.