The Police Cadet Training Program provides educational and on-the-job training opportunities to qualified District of Columbia residents. Applicants must:
- Be a US citizen at time of application
- Reside in the District of Columbia and remain a resident until completion of the program
- Must be between 17 and 24 years of age
- Have one of the following:
- Must be enrolled in a District of Columbia high school; OR
- Have graduated from a District of Columbia high school and received their diploma; OR
- Have a GED issued by the District of Columbia.
In order to qualify for the Police Cadet Training Program, candidates must meet similar requirements to those required of entry-level police officers. Upon acceptance, Police Cadets must also pass an entrance examination by the University of the District of Columbia Community College in English and Math. Additional information on the application process is available here.
Call today for more information: (202) 645-0445