Raising driver safety awareness is a priority for the Metropolitan Police Department. By implementing traffic enforcement initiatives, offering tips on sharing the road, and participating in regional programs, the MPD is improving safety on the streets for walkers, bicyclists and drivers.
- Traffic Fatalities
- Parking and Traffic Violations
- Bonus to Phone Us: Off Road
Report the use of illegal ATVs and dirt bikes
- Deadly Driving: A Look at Teen Drivers
This infographic created by carinsurance.org provides some startling statisics about teen driving.
- Child Passenger Safety
- Non-Traditional Motor Vehicles and DC Law
From DMV.DC.GOV. Includes Minibikes and Other Small Vehicles
- DC StreetSafe: Automated Traffic Enforcement
- Motor Vehicle Crash Report (for property damage only)
- Toward Zero Deaths
The District is committed to protecting the lives of those traveling on city roads. Toward Zero Deaths represents the city’s goal of reducing traffic fatlities to zero. Traffic deaths are preventable.