Pay a Ticket
Payment Timelines and Methods
DMV must receive your payment within 30 calendar days of the date on the ticket. However if you do not pay within 30 calendar days, a penalty equal to your fine will be added. For your convenience, DMV provides four payment options: online, by mail, in person, or by phone at (866) 893-5023. You may be eligible to pay your ticket(s) in installments.
Tickets that are not received by DMV, within 21 days, from the issuing agency for entering into the ticket database are automatically dismissed.
You can now pay your tickets online. Have your ticket information and credit card available. The information you submit online is protected on a secure third-party site and will not be distributed for any reason. DC Government accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. DC Government does not accept American Express.
- Pay Parking and/or Photo Enforcement Violations (Ticket numbers may start with a letter, followed by up to nine numerals or be all numeric.)
- Pay Minor Moving Violations (Ticket numbers are all numeric.)
- Installment Payment Plan (If you are on an existing payment plan, the numbers are 9 characters long.)
- Fleet Payments (Fleet and invoice numbers are numeric.)
- Make your check or money order payable to the DC Treasurer (do not send cash) and write the ticket number on your payment. Include the ticket, or if you do not have your ticket, write the vehicle's state and tag number on your check or money order (e.g. DC license tag #123456).
- Send your parking, photo enforcement or moving violation and check or money order to:
DMV Adjudication Services
PO Box 2014
Washington, DC 20013
- Payments are accepted at Adjudication Services.
- If you bring your ticket with you, you will be directed to the cashier window to pay your ticket.
- If you do not bring your ticket with you, present your ID to obtain a printout of your ticket, then proceed to the cashier window to pay the ticket.
- You may pay by cash, check, money order, or credit card. DC Government accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. DC Government does not accept American Express.
- If you are paying with anything other than cash, you must present a valid driver license, DMV-issued non-drivers ID, passport, or military ID.
- Checks are not accepted for the release of booted or towed vehicles.
- A boot is generally released within two hours after payment.