Obtain a Taxicab or Limo License
You must complete the District of Columbia Taxicab Commission (DCTC) License Application [PDF]. Taxicab and limo owners can obtain or renew a DCTC license for their vehicles at the all DMV service centers. In addition to the completed application, the following documents are required:
- Effective July 1, 2012, your completed DCTC One Stop Form
- Your DC inspection verification sheet
- Your driver license
- Your vehicle registration card
- Your face identification
- If you are registering a taxi in the name of a business, bring a copy of your current business license or occupancy permit
- Effective January 1, 2010 a copy of the letter from the DC Office of Tax and Revenue verifying you have registered for taxes.
Applicable fees must be paid at the time of registration or renewal.