Dealer Title / Registration
Instructions for Submitting Dealer Title/Registration
Please complete the Dealer Transmittal Sheet [PDF]. Be sure to print clearly and include the following:
- Dealership/Company Name
- Total Transactions Submitted
- Date/Time Submitted
- Contact Name and Telephone Number
- Applicant, Vehicle, and Transaction Information
Transmittals must be clocked in prior to placing your request in the drop-box. Transmittals that are not clocked in will be rejected.
(please make sure the title application is properly completed and supporting documentation are attached)
- Vehicle Power of Attorney Form [PDF]
- Title Application (complete with appropriate signatures)
- Title or Manufacture’s Certificate of Origin (MCO)
- Lien-holder Financial Contract (if applicable)
- Lease Contract (if applicable)
- Proof of Insurance
- Copy of owner(s) DC driver license or non-driver identification card (unless a business, which must present a business license, occupancy permit, or tax registration)
- Check or Money Order made payable to DC Treasurer (unless requesting a price quote)
Bundle and attach the Dealer Transmittal Sheet [PDF] to the front of the requests being submitted
Please ensure to maintain a copy of all documents submitted for processing prior to depositing in the drop box (DMV will not be liable for alleged drop-offs without supporting copies)
Under no circumstances will altered or modified documents be processed
Title/Registration processing time for drop off transactions is 7-10 business days
Important notice regarding Dealership’s Insurance policy
Failure to maintain continuous insurance coverage shall result in fines, suspension, and/or revocation of dealer registration. In the event of suspension or revocation, all tags must be returned immediately upon notification from the DMV. Failure to comply may result in additional fines and/or permanent revocation.
According to D.C. Official Code section 31-2413.01 (b) (2), a fine of $150 will be assessed for a lapse in insurance coverage from 1 to 30 days. For any lapse greater than 30 days, Dealership will be assessed an additional fine of $7 a day, up to a maximum amount of $2500.
Note: These fines are applicable per issued tag.