Charter Schools - Continuation in the Teachers' Retirement Plan
Former District of Columbia Public School (DCPS) teachers who participated in the District of Columbia Teachers’ Retirement Plan may continue their Plan participation. You participated in the Plan if you were an employee in a salary class position ET 1-15 under the DCPS system. You are eligible to continue participation:
1) If you terminate your employment with DCPS and begin your employment with a Charter School within 60 days of your DCPS termination date.
2) If you are on an extended approved leave of absence from DCPS for the purpose of working at a charter school and begin your employment with the charter school within 90 days of your last day of service with DCPS.
- Continuation in the Teachers' Retirement Plan Brochure
- Continuation in the Teachers' Retirement Plan Form
- Memorandum to Charter School Leaders - Guidelines for Compliance
- Eligibility Requirements for Continuation in the Teachers' Retirement Plan Participation
- FY2014 Payroll Report of Withholdings
- Calendar Year Withholding Report 2014
- Other Links