The Metropolitan Police Department wishes to inform the public and members of the media about street closures that will be in affect in conjunction with the 26th Annual High Heel Race scheduled for Thursday November 1, 2012. The following streets will be closed beginning at 6:30 pm and are expected to reopen by 11:00 pm:
- 17th Street, NW – from P Street to S Street, NW
- Q Street, NW – from 16th Street to 18th Street, NW
- R Street, NW – from 16th Street to 18th Street, NW
- Corcoran Street, NW – from 16th to 18th Street, NW
- Church Street, NW – from 16th Street to 18th Street, NW
- Riggs Street, NW – from 16th Street to 17th Street, NW
The above streets will be closed to motorists during the specified date and times.
Due to the heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.