The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following road closure information for special events that are scheduled to take place this weekend.
LivingSocial Glow 5k Dance Party
On Friday, November 9, 2012, the LivingSocial Glow 5K Dance Party will be held at the RFK Stadium/DC Armory. This event is scheduled to start at approximately 7 p.m. and expected to end at approximately 9 p.m. Although no street closures are planned at this time, heavy pedestrian traffic is anticipated in and around the areas of the RFK Stadium and DC Armory.For more information please visit https://www.livingsocial.com/events/475344-livingsocial-s-glow-in-the-dark-5k-dance-party
George Washington University 2nd Annual Home Opener Tailgate
On Saturday, November 10, 2012, the George Washington University Basketball Team will be hosting its 2nd Annual Home Opener Tailgate. The following streets will be closed from 10 a.m. 5 p.m.
- 22nd Street, NW between F Street, NW and G Street, NW
2012 Greater Washington Heart Walk
The 2012 Greater Washington Heart Walk is scheduled to start at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at National Stadium. Street closures along the route will begin at 9:15 a.m. and are expected to reopen at 11:30 a.m.
- Half Street, SE between M Street and N Street, SE
- First Street SE between M Street, SE and Potomac Avenue, SE
- New Jersey Avenue, SE between M Street, SE and N Street, SE
- 3rd Street, SE south of Tingey Street, SE
- 4th Street, SE between M Street, SE and Tingey Street, SE
- N Street, SE between South Capitol Street, SE and 4th Street, SE
- Potomac Avenue, SE between South Capitol Street, SE and First Street, SE
- Begin at centerfield gate; go up ramp to the 400 level (top of the ramp)
- Walk across the 400 level to the main exit ramp and continue down the ramp to the ground level
- Turn left and walk to the Third Base Gate
- Exit ballpark to South Capitol Street, SE and Potomac Avenue, SE
- Take Potomac Avenue, Se to Diamond Teague Park Entrance
- Follow Diamond Teague Park to Yards Park entrance
- Follow Yard Park along water to Riverwalk entrance
- Turn around at Riverwalk gate
- Bear slight right out of Yards Park to walk alongside pathway
- Exit Yards Park at 3rd Street, SE
- Turn left on Tingey Street, SE
- Follow Tingey Street, SE N Street, SE
- Turn left off of N Street, SE onto South Capitol Street, SE
- Follow South Capitol Street, SE to Potomac Avenue, SE
- Turn left on Potomac Avenue, SE
- Turn left on First Street, SE
- Re-enter Stadium through entrance ramp off First, Street, SE
- Walk warning track of field
- Exit stadium through ramp off First Street, SE
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of these events and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of these events to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
Due to the extremely heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas.