On Sunday, March 30, 2014, the inaugural Race for Respect 5K will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration.
The street closures around Freedom Plaza will be from 5:00 am to 12:00 pm at which time the roadways mentioned below will be closed to traffic.
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – 14th Street to 12th Street, NW
- 13th Street – E Street, NW to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
The race start time will be from 9:00 am and end at 10:45 am. The run will form on Pennsylvania Avenue between 12th and 13th Street, NW and proceed over the following route:
- East on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to 3rd Street, NW
- South on 3rd Street to U-Turn prior to Virginia Avenue, SW
- West on D Street to 4th Street, SW
- North on 4th Street to Independence Avenue, SW
- West on Independence Avenue to 7th Street, SW
- U-Turn prior to 7th Street, SW
- East on Independence Avenue to Maryland Avenue, SW
- Northeast on Maryland Avenue to 3rd Street, SW
- North on 3rd Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- West on Pennsylvania Avenue to 12th Street, NW (Finish and disband.)
For more information go to: http://www.crowdrise.com/raceforrespect
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions. Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the DC.