Capital Pride Parade
On Saturday, June 7, 2014, the Capital Pride Parade will be held. This event will begin at 4:30 pm and will conclude at approximately 7:30 pm. Staging area will be closed at 1:00 pm. The street closures will remain in effect until 9:30 pm. The following streets will be closed during this event.
- East on P St from 23rd St NW
- Clockwise around Dupont Circle
- North on New Hampshire Ave
- East on R St
- South on 17th St
- East on P St
- North on 14th to N Street NW to the disbanding area just past R Street, NW
- 25th St NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 24th St NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 23rd St NW between M & P ( Staging Area)
- N St NW between 22nd & 25th
- M St NW between 22nd & 25th
Additional information on the Capital Pride Parade can be found at http://www.capitalpride.org/parade
Capital Pride Festival
On Sunday, June 8, 2014, the Capital Pride Festival will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The assembly area for the festival:
- Pennsylvania Ave NW between 3rd & 7th Street NW
- Constitution Ave NW between 3rd & 7th Street NW
- 4th Street NW between Madison Drive NW & Pennsylvania Ave NW
- 6th Street NW between C Street NW & Constitution Ave NW
Road closures will begin at 7:30 pm on Saturday, June 7th until Monday June 9th at 2:00 am.
For more information, visit: http://www.capitalpride.org/
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.