The Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Transportation would like to inform the public of street closures in conjunction with the 2014 Capitol Hill Classic scheduled for Sunday, May 18, 2014.
- C Street will remain closed from 5:00 am until 12:00 pm
The race will start at 8:30 am and all streets will finish at 11:30 am:
- Start Route: South side Stanton Park at 5th Street and C Street, NE
- Runners head north on 4th Street, NE to C Street, NE
- Head west C Street, NE to 2nd Street, NE
- Continue south on 2nd Street, NE to Constitution Ave, NE.
- West Constitution Ave, NE to First Street, NE
- South on First Street, NE to East Capitol Street, SE
- East on East Capitol Street, SE to 11th Street, SE
- South on 11th Street, SE to East Capitol Street, SE
- East on East Capitol Street, SE to 13th Street, SE
- North on 13th Street, SE to East Capitol Street, SE
- East on East Capitol Street, SE to 22nd Street, NE
- North on 22nd Street and merge right into RFK lot 7 parking lot to the river trail.
- Return Route: East Capitol Street, SE to 3rd Street, NE
- North on 3rd Street, NE to Maryland Ave, NE
- Northeast on Maryland Ave, NE to finish line at Stanton Park.
For more information, visit: http://www.capitolhillclassic.com/
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.