Robbery Suspects Sought
Robbery Suspects Sought
The Metropolitan Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in its investigation into a series of robberies involving businesses in the Fifth District. Police are seeking information on the identity of suspects who may be responsible for these robberies which reportedly have similarities.
In each incident, two suspects reportedly entered an establishment and at least one of the suspects displayed a gun, demanded and obtained money, and the suspects fled. The cases are described as the following:
- On Tuesday, February 23, 2010, at approximately 9:30 pm, two suspects robbed a Burger King restaurant in the 300 block of Florida Avenue, NE.
- Suspect one is described as a black male with a dark complexion, 5’11” to 6’1” tall, weighing between 220 to 240 pounds, with a short hair cut and minimum facial hair. He was last seen wearing a dark jacket, jeans, and a black and red ball cap.
- Suspect two is described as a black male with a dark complexion, in his late 30s to early 40s, 5’8 to 5’9” tall, weighing between 180 to 190 pounds. He was wearing a black shirt/jacket, black jeans, dark rim glasses and a cap.
CVS Robbery Suspects
On Thursday, March 11, 2010, at approximately 9:30 p.m. two suspects robbed a CVS in the 3600 block of 12th Street, NE.
- Suspect one is described as a black male with a light complexion, 6 feet tall, weighing approximately 220-260 pounds. He was wearing a black jacket, gray sweatpants, gray hooded sweatshirt, and a white cap.
- Suspect two is described as a black male with a dark complexion, 6 feet tall, weighing between 250 to 260 pounds. He was last seen wearing a red and black cap, black leather jacket, and dark colored jeans.
Yes Market Robbery Suspects
On Monday, March 15, 2010 at approximately 2:55 p.m., two suspects robbed the Yes Market in the 3800 block of 12th Street, NE.
- Suspect one is described as a black male with a medium to dark complexion, in his mid 30s, 6 feet tall, with a heavy build. He was wearing a black jacket with red trim, a red cap, and dark tinted sunglasses.
- Suspect two is described as a black male with a medium dark complexion, in his late 20s, 5’10” tall, with a medium build. He was last seen wearing a black jacket, and a black cap.
Anyone with information about these cases should take no direct action, but call police at (202) 727-9099 or 1-888-919-CRIM[E] – 1-888-919-2746. The Metropolitan Police Department is currently offering a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for these robberies.
Additionally, anonymous information may be forwarded to DC Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS and to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. If the information provided by a caller to Crime Solvers leads to an arrest and indictment, that caller will be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.