Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Monday, February 11, 2013, at approximately 8:35 am, two complainants reported that a suspect entered an establishment in the 400 block of 8th Street, SE. The suspect passed a note stating he had a gun and demanded U.S. currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Fear) of an establishment.
- Tuesday, February 12, 2013, at approximately 9:45 pm, a complainant reports while walking through the park in the 1100 block of 4th Street SW, she was approached by a suspect who snatched her purse from her hands. A juvenile male was arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
- Tuesday, February 12, 2013, at approximately 12:05 pm, a complainant was in the 700 block of 8th Street NE, when three suspects attempted to rob him of his bag. A struggle ensued and the suspects fled in a vehicle. The suspects were later stopped and identified as also being involved in a robbery in the 1500 block of Maryland Avenue NE, in the Fifth District. Three adult males were arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun).
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at approximately 2:48 pm, a complainant reports she was approached by two males while in the 800 block of North Capitol Street NE, who punched her in the face, took her cell then fled. Arrested were two male juveniles for Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at approximately 9:47pm, a complainant was in the 1100 block of 4th Street SW, when a suspect approached and announced a robbery. The suspect snatched the victim’s purse and fled. A lookout was broadcast and the suspect was apprehended. A male juvenile was arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
- Friday, February 8, 2013, at approximately 2:40 pm, a complainant reports that while in a building in the 1600 block of Park Road NW, a suspect approached him and demanded money. The complainant gave the suspect his bag and U.S. currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery While Armed (Knife).
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at approximately 5:25 pm in the 4100 block of Georgia Avenue NW, a complainant reports he was approached by two male suspects. One of the suspects snatched a pair of earphones from around the complainant’s neck and both fled. Arrested were two male juveniles for Robbery (Snatch).
- Sunday. February 10, 2013, at approximately 4:25pm, a complainant reports while sitting at a cafe in the 1300 block of 5th Street NE, a suspect snatched her iPhone. Arrested was a male juvenile for Robbery (Snatch).
- Thursday, February 14, 2013, at approximately 5:30 pm, a victim reports that he was in the 1300 block of Stevens Road SE, when a suspect approached him, pushed him, and demanded his property. U.S. currency was taken from the victim. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Fear).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.