Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Friday, December 28, 2012, at approximately 12:45 am, a complainant reports was approached by four suspects in the 700 block of Pennsylvania Ave, SE. The victim was punched in the face and the suspects took his cell phone. Arrested was a juvenile for Robbery (Force and Violence). The other suspects were described as a black male 16-20 years old, 5’10”, with dreadlocks, wearing a gray jacket, black pants and brown boots; and two black females.
- Monday, December 24, 2012, at approximately 11:05 am, a complainant reports that he was in the 1900 block of 14th Street, NW, when he was approached from behind by a suspect who snatched his wallet from his hand. An adult male was for arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
- Thursday, December 27, 2012, at approximately 2:00 am, a complainant reports that a suspect approached him in the 1500 block of Newton Street, NW, brandishing a knife. The suspect demanded the complainants’ property. Taken was a cellular phone and US currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery while Armed (Knife)
- Saturday, December 22, 2012, a complainant reports he was walking in the unit block of New York Avenue, NE, at 2:55 am, when he was approached by five suspects. The victim was assaulted and two cell phones were taken. Three adult males were arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Monday, December 24, 2012, at approximately 6:24 pm, a complainant reports he was walking in the 4100 block of Minnesota Avenue, NE, when he was approached by two suspects who announced a robbery. The complainant refused and one of the suspects brandished a handgun and demanded the complainant’s money. Taken was U.S currency. A juvenile was arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun). The other suspect is described as a black male with a dark complexion, 5’6” to 5’7” and wearing a black jacket.
- Thursday, December 27, 2012, at approximately 9:10 pm, two complainants report while walking in the 3400 block of Southern Avenue, SE, they were approached from behind by two suspects, one of which brandished a handgun and demanded his robbery. Taken was a cell phone, purse and red wallet. Arrested was one adult and juvenile male.
- Friday, December 21, 2012, at approximately 12:36 pm, a complainant reports while walking in the 4300 block of Barnaby Road, SE, he was approached by three suspects. One suspect implied that he had a weapon and demanded the complainant’s money. The suspects took a black wallet, black Nike shoes, groceries and a cell phone. They then fled the scene in a black vehicle. Arrested was an adult male for Robbery (Fear). The other two suspects were described as black males. One was described as being 6’2” with a thin build and wearing a black jacket, blue jeans and a black mask. The other suspect was described as being 5’8,” with a heavy build, and a light complexion wearing a black jacket and blue jeans.
- Friday, December 21, 2012, at approximately 6:31 am, a complainant reports while she was riding in a car with a suspect in the 3000 block of Martin Luther King Jr Avenue, SE, the suspect demanded her money and struck the complainant in the face. Taken was U.S currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence)
- Sunday, December 23, 2012, at approximately 10:27 am, a complainant reports that during a verbal altercation with a known suspect in the 200 block of Atlantic Street, SE, he knocked her to the floor and took her ring. Arrested was an adult male for Robbery (Force and Violence)
- Wednesday, December 26, 2012, at approximately 6:50 pm, a complainant reports that while in the 2000 block of Martin Luther King Jr, Avenue, NE, a suspect approached him, grabbed money from his hand and then tried to flee the location. Arrested was a juvenile for Robbery (Snatch)
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.