Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at approximately 8:47 pm, a female suspect approached a complainant in the 1100 Block of New Jersey Avenue, SE and asked for money. When the complainant refused, the suspect produced a knife and fled the scene without taking the complainant’s property. An adult female was arrested for Robbery (Knife) in connection with this offense.
- Monday, November 12, 2012, a complainant was in the 1100 block of 30th Street, NW at approximately 8:05 pm, when he was approached from behind by three to four suspects. One of the suspects displayed a handgun. Taken was a cell phone, wallet, and U.S. currency. A look was broadcast and four suspects were located. An adult male and a juvenile male were arrested for Robbery (Gun) in connection with this offense.
- Saturday, November 10, 2012, at approximately 7:38 pm, a complainant was walking in the 1800 block of Calvert Street, NW, when he was approached from behind by three suspects who assaulted him and went through his pockets. Two adult males and a juvenile male were arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence) in connection with this offense.
- Tuesday, November 13, 2012, a complainant reports that while he was in the 1500 block of Benning Road, NE at approximately 9:30 pm, he was involved in an argument with a suspect. Another suspect approached and struck the complainant in the face causing him to fall to the ground. Taken was an iPhone, U.S. currency, a jacket, and a wallet. The complainant was transported to a local hospital. An adult female suspect and a juvenile male suspect were arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Friday, November 9, 2012 a complainant was in the 5700 block of East Capitol Street, SE at approximately 7:50 pm, when a suspect snatched her iPhone and fled. An adult male suspect was arrested for Robbery (Snatch) in connection with this offense.
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.