The Metropolitan Police Department has announced that a significant arrest has been made in recent burglaries which occurred throughout December 2013 and January 2014 in Washington, DC.
On Saturday, January 25, 2014 Detectives of the Metropolitan Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division received a tip which led to the recovery of Margo the dog, who was unharmed, in good health, and returned to her owner. In addition to the recovery of Margo was the arrest of 19-year-old Reshawn Devonta Peay of Northeast charging him with multiple burglaries which occurred throughout Northeast, Washington, DC, including the burglary where Margo the dog was taken.
Reshawn Peay was charged with Burglary in the Second Degree for the offenses on the following days and locations:
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 1500 block of Benning Road Northeast
- Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 1500 block of Benning Road Northeast
- Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 700 block of 16TH Street Northeast
- Saturday, December 28, 2013, 700 block of 16TH Street Northeast
- Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 1600 block of Kramer Street Northeast
- Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 700 block of 16TH Street Northeast
- Sunday, January 19, 2014, 600 block of 16TH Street Northeast
- Thursday, January 23, 2014, 1500 block of D Street Northeast (Margo)
The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the suspects’ involvement in other similar offenses. Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.