What Can I Do If I'm Abusive to My GLBT Partner
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
AM I ABUSIVE TOWARDS MY PARTNER?
- Do you physically hurt your partner in any way, including hitting, punching, pulling hair, biting, etc.?
- Do you say things to your partner to scare him/her?
- Do you try to control your partner’s activities, like seeing his/her family or friends?
- Have your threatened your partner with hurting yourself, a beloved pet or him/her if s/he ever leaves you?
- Do you ever put your partner down or try to make him/her feel bad about his/herself?
- Have you ever forced your partner to do something sexually s/he did not want to do or have sex when s/he did not want to?
- Do you take control of your partner’s money and make him/her account for everything s/he spends?
- Have you threatened to “out” him/her to family, or colleagues to get him/her to stay with you or to do something for you?
If you answered “yes” to any one of these questions, you may be an abusive partner.
(Updated February 2013)