Form PD 99 (Complaint Form)
The Internal Affairs Division (IAD) is the internal MPD unit responsible for ensuring that all complaints of officer misconduct are handled properly.
IAD investigates complaints filed at anytime alleging any type of misconduct, including misconduct that can be investigated by OPC and anonymous complaints. You may file a complaint in a number of ways:
- In person at the IAD or any MPD facility.
- Mail a letter detailing your complaint to the IAD or any police facility.
- Report your complaint over the telephone
Internal Affairs Division:
202-727-4385, TTY: 202-898-1454
24-hour hotline: 1-800-298-4006
- Fax your complaint to the IAB: 202-727-4858
- Email your complaint to email@example.com
- Download a PD-99 (complaint form), complete and sign the form, and submit it to the Internal Affairs Division via traditional mail or fax.
Internal Affairs Division
3244 Pennsylvania Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20020
NOTICE: Making a False Statement is Punishable by Criminal Penalities (D.C. Code, Section 22-2514)