Reserve Minimum Requirements
MPD is a force composed of the city’s finest. To qualify for the position of Reserve Police Officer, you must:
- Be a US citizen at the time of application
- Be 21 years of age
Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Successful completion of at least sixty (60) semester-hour credits or the semester-hour equivalent from an an accredited post-secondary educational institution; or
- Have served in the Armed Forces of the United States, including the Organized Reserves and National Guard, for at least three (3) years on active duty and, if separated from the military, have received an honorable discharge; or
- Have served at least five (5) years in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a municipality or a state within the United States, and have resigned or retired in good standing.
- Possess a valid driver’s license that is not under suspension or revocation from the jurisdiction of residence
- Possess at least 20/100 vision, correctable to 20/30 in both eyes
- Pass the sworn officer written entrance test
- Pass a physical ability test
- Submit to a polygraph examination
- Pass a medical examination and psychological examination, including a drug-screening test, based upon sworn officer standards.
- Possess a high moral character for carrying out law enforcement duties