DYRS works closely with juvenile justice experts and community partners to develop innovative policies, programs, and services that are grounded in research, aligned with industry best practices, and based on models that are proven effective or promising in other jurisdictions. This page contains specific reports that inform or report on the work that DYRS does. The listed documents are categorized into four core types:
Performance Reports: Documents released with the specific purpose of providing data and analysis on agency performance toward meeting its mission.
Knowledge Briefs: Short documents, generally 2-10 pages, which provide specific, targeted analysis on a topic relevant to DYRS work.
Research Reports: Longer documents, often authored by external organizations, which provide in-depth analysis on a specific research question.
White Papers: Authoritative documents describing a DYRS program or initiative, often including the initiative’s core goals, approach, structure, and available performance data.
Unless otherwise noted, DYRS has authored or collaborated in the creation of each of the PDF documents available on this page.
- DYRS 2013 Mid-Year Public Safety Report
- DYRS 2012 Public Safety Summary
- DYRS 2012 Mid-Year Public Safety Report
- Trends in DYRS Residential Treatment Usage
- Effective Strategies for Court-Involved Youth: Substance Use Treatment
- Effective Strategies for Court-Involved Youth: Trends in Maximum Juvenile Justice Custody Age
- Capital Change: A Process Evaluation of Washington DC's Secure Juvenile Placement Reform
- Notorious to Notable: The Crucial Role of the Philanthropic Community in Transforming the Juvenile Justice System in Washington, DC
- Positive Youth Justice: Framing Justice Interventions Using the Concepts of Positive Youth Development
- Analysis of the Committed Youth Population at Oak Hill Youth Center Between July 1, 2004, and June 30, 2005
- Blue Ribbon Commission on Youth Safety and Juvenile Justice Reform in the District of Columbia
- DYRS Risk Assessment and Structured Decision‐Making Validation Study & System Assessment Summary Report
To view more DYRS reporting documents that the agency has submitted to the Executive Office of the Mayor, visit the Office of the City Administrator website at: http://oca.dc.gov.