District Leadership Program (DLP) - Paid Internship Opportunity
The Department of Human Resources’ (DCHR) challenging and rewarding internship program will provide its interns with a unique, unsurpassed opportunity to work alongside some of the District of Columbia Government’s leading professionals and practitioners, to further the District’s strategic priorities:
- Job Creation;
- Fiscal Stability;
- Quality Education;
- Public Safety;
- Self-Determination; and
To be eligible to participate in the District Leadership Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate (Junior or Senior year) and graduate students currently enrolled, who are in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 at an accredited U.S. college or university. This must be supported by an official transcript.
- A recommendation letter from an administrator and a reference letter from an advisor or professor must both be attached to the application. Absent of any of these three aforementioned documents, the application will be deemed incomplete.
- Students must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Applicants will be evaluated by their essay questions, answer to a reflective question, professional resume, and interview.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are residents of the District of Columbia.
The program has the following timeline;
- Year-round (October to May), and
- Summer (June to August).
Application for the summer program will be available in the coming weeks.
Please continue to check on this website for specific details and dates of the summer 2014 DLP experience.