Interns may apply by completing the online form. Once the application is received, it will be disseminated to various MPD units for review and consideration. Applicants may be contacted for face-to-face or phone interviews. Applicants will be notified of their selection at least one month prior to their start date. Once notified of their selection, applicants will be given directions for completing the processing requirements.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen by birth or naturalization
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be a student at a college or university
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
For Fall Semester (September to December)
Early decision deadline is June 1st
Final deadline August 1st
All placements made by August 15th
For Spring Semester (January to May)
Early decision deadline is October 15th
Final deadline November 1st
All placements made by December 1st
For Summer Semester (May to August)
Early decision deadline due by March 1st
Final deadline April 1st
All placements made by May 1st
- Complete Application Form
- Personal Resume attached to online application
Personal Essay of between 500-750 words attached to online application, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an MPD internship?
- What can you offer the MPD as an intern?
- What do you expect to learn from your internship?
- Why have you selected your preferred internship assignments?
- Unofficial transcript must be submitted either by uploading it to your online application, sending via email or sending via regular mail to:
101 M Street SW
Attn: Recruiting Division - Internship Coordinator
Washington, DC 20024
- Two letters of recommendation written on official school letterhead from two professors stating why you are an ideal candidate for the intern position. The letter must include phone numbers and email addresses where the professors may be contacted. The signed letter may be sent through postal mail, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or uploaded as part of your complete online application.