Students participating in the MPD Collegiate Internship Program must be bona fide students at accredited colleges or universities. Students must be in their sophomore, junior, or senior year with a minimum of 36 credits. Graduate students must have completed at least the first year of graduate school as determined by the total number of credit hours completed. Students must be a United States citizens or naturalized citizens. In some instances, foreign students will be considered, provided they are here on appropriate student visas.
- Bona fide student at a college or university
- Class standing of Sophomore, Junior, or Senior by credit hours (minimum of 36 credits)
- United States citizen or naturalized citizen
- Must sign confidentiality agreement
- Must pass criminal history check and fingerprints (no felony or serious misdemeanor arrests)
Note: The background investigation for interns is equal to the investigation for Police Officer applicants. The investigation will include a criminal history check and applicants will be required to submit fingerprints.