Clara Barton National Historic Site is excited to announce the upcoming exhibition, “The Art of Clara Barton,” during September and October 2013. This exhibition will blend artwork by Miss Barton with the work of today’s artists who have interpreted the life and work of Clara Barton.
This is a call for artists to submit work for inclusion in “The Art of Clara Barton” exhibition. In commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, the theme of this year’s show will be Clara Barton’s Civil War Work. The artwork may pertain to any part of Clara Barton’s life, work, or legacy or to the Civil War.
• Any 2-D medium may be submitted for consideration
• No larger than 18” X 24” either landscape or portrait
• Artwork must be ready to hang
• Pastels, pencil, charcoal, or delicate works must be framed under glass
• Artwork must remain on public display from August 31-October 31, 2013
• Sale of artwork during this exhibition is not permitted
• Each artist may submit up to two pieces of art for consideration
• Artists must drop off and pick up their artwork at Clara Barton National Historic Site
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Submit a clear color photograph or digital image of the artwork for consideration by August 12, 2013. Photographs will not be returned. Do not submit original artwork at this time. Include the dimensions of the work, with frame, along with the artist’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
The National Park Service will determine which submissions will be included in the exhibition by August 15, 2013. Artists will be contacted concerning their submissions by August 16, 2013. Artists must be available to drop off the chosen artwork between August 17-25, 2013, and pick up their artwork between November 1-9, 2013, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Contact us by mail:
Clara Barton National Historic Site
5801 Oxford Road
Glen Echo, Maryland 20812
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: 301-320-1410
By web: www.nps.gov/clba