DCYouthLink Quarterly Outcomes Report, Second Quarter, FY 2012
Since its inception in 2009, DC YouthLink has become an integral part of DYRS’ strengths-based approach to providing services and supports to youth in the least restrictive environment possible, consistent with public safety. Indeed, it has grown from serving 75 youth, or approximately 7 percent of the total DYRS committed population, to serving nearly 460 youth or nearly half of the DYRS committed population. This report of DC YouthLink enrollments, services, and outcomes from the 2nd Quarter of Fiscal Year 2012, includes the following highlights.
- New personal stories give context to the data.
- New data shows that about a quarter of DC YouthLink youth are receiving mental health services.
- DC YouthLink youth are preparing for work at the highest levels since the launch of DC YouthLink.
- DC YouthLink youth are successfully remaining in the community without committing a new offense.
- DC YouthLink youth are staying connected to services.