To improve customer service, DMV is collecting additional information both online and in-person. The language preference information consists of your primary language. In the future, this language information will be used to determine what additional languages we need to offer for our knowledge test, forms and notices. The motor voter information is being electronically sent to the Board of Elections and Ethics to ensure timely voter registration. The contact information, consisting of your phone number, fax number and e-mail address, will allow us to send you renewal notices and other information by e-mail instead of by regular mail. Unfortunately, due to the need to verify DC residency requirements, we are currently unable to allow you to update or change your mailing address online. We are working to offer this feature in the future.
You may update the following Individual Information:
- Language Preference
- Motor Voter Information, if you are a US citizen
- Contact Information (i.e., phone/fax number and e-mail address)
Online Individual Information Update Four-Step Overview
- Enter the driver license number (DLN) or an ID card number that appears on your Drivers License or an ID Card and your first name, last name, social security number, and date of birth.
Enter the Individual Information, you wish to update. Following information can be changed on this transaction:
- Change Language Preference
- Change Voter Registration
- Change Contact Information (i.e., phone/fax number and e-mail address)
- Review the updated Individual Information.
- Print the confirmation page for your records.
Online Individual Information Update - An activation email will be sent to the email address, every time you chose to update your email address with DMV. You have to activate your email in order to receive emails or notices from DC DMV.